Saturday, December 4, 2010

Essential Addons, Part 3: Combat

This is Part 3 in a series of posts concerning my addiction to addons. The original post was extremely long, so I split it up to avoid td:lr syndrome. You can find Part 1 here and Part 2 here.

Tidy Plates

The default nameplates, like many other default ui elements, leave a lot to be desired. With Tidy Plates, I can customize them to exactly how I like to see them. I have targeting issues and nameplates help me find the right one. Yes, my screen looks a bit crowded with them, but I really need to have them out.

Mik Scrolling Battle Text

I like seeing all the pretty numbers fly around as I do damage or toss out heals. I just don't like them all spammy on top of other important information in the middle of my screen. With MSBT, I can pick and choose which information shows, how it shows, and where it shows.

Omen

My little enhancement shaman needs to know just how pissed off mobs are at her in dungeons. I'm not a tank, nor do I want to be. Omen will help me keep track of threat and let me know when to lighten up. I firmly believe that while it is the tanks responsibility to hold threat, it is also a my responsibility as dps to control mine. But that's a post for another day...

That's it for addons that I will use early on with my shaman. As I level up and get more spells and totems, there are a few more that will be added to the list. I'll post about those as I start to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment