Friday, December 3, 2010

Essential Addons, Part 2: Utility

This is Part 2 in a series of posts concerning my addiction to addons. The original post was extremely long, so I split it up to avoid td:lr syndrome. You can find Part 1 here.

Today, I will talk about utility addons. These are addons that aren't really necessary, but they enable my laziness and make some parts of the game more of a no-brainer.

Fortress

This little addon is similar to FuBar and Titan Panel. It is a display addon for LBD data feeds. I like it for the quick access to frequently used utility addons as well as two broker addons I use.

Broker_Repair

This is the first of two broker addons I use. It's configurations include auto repair, both from your character as well as guild repair when available. You can set it up to auto sell junk items. When you visit a vendor, a message will show up in the chat box telling you how much you sold and repaired for.

Broker_Currency

This is the second LBD addon I use. It enables you to track any and all currency for all of your characters on the server. Mostly I use it so I don't have to open my bags to see how much gold I have, but it has much more functionality than that.

Atlas Loot Enhanced

So, you're in the dungeon queue and want to see what yummy stuff drops in the dungeons you may get put into. But if you alt-tab out of the game to check it out, you might miss the queue invite. Atlas Loot solves that problem. This addon lists all drops from every encounter in the entire game, as well as crafted items, rep rewards, and more. You can set up wish lists for different characters, too. Atlas Loot is a great addon to play with when I'm on flight paths.


That's it for part 2. Stay tuned for more addon goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment